Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop Prompt

Describe the last thing that made you laugh really hard.


I couldn’t pinpoint the last time I’d laughed really hard.  Probably with my mom and my sisters; we all have the same snarky sense of humor and usually laugh ourselves breathless. 

While I’m thinking on it, I’m perusing twitter and I checked what my “friend” ( I say “friend” because really, I follow her on twitter and tweet her sometimes and she answers me back but otherwise does not know I’m alive! Lol) Amanda Hocking is doing.  She’s an author and she’s retweeted something: a link to www.damnyouautocorrect.com and I chuckle, because I know my younger sister is always cursing the autocorrect on her cell phone. 

So I click on it.

And proceed to guffaw, shriek, snort, scream with laughter, and pound the table until I snot-cried.  Seriously.  I laughed so hard, tears ran down my cheeks in abundance, taking all my make-up with it. 

I can’t even tell you what any of them were, they were all dirty! Yes, every one contained some word that I would hesitate to write here, but was a mistake for another word.  Ok, wait, I found ONE, both sides of the text:

“…..idk, I just got so fed up with her immaturity and flipped Pittsburgh on her.”

“flipped out* bhaaaa”

“hahah Pittsburgh is a lot of s#@t to flip on someone!”

I don’t know why, but I nearly peed reading that.  I was hysterical, I tell you!

But you know, especially when you spend a lot of time alone, it’s good to laugh.  Really good.   And to have something funny to share, instead of always contacting people because something bad is going on (i.e. I’ve seen a plethora of tweets on Egypt, for example) is refreshing.  When I worked with Mary Kay, they always used to say, "When a customer has a good experience,  they tend to keep it to themselves.  When they have a bad experience, they tell 10 people."  Same idea, so why not pass around some funny this time? 

So go check out www.damnyouautocorrect.com and be prepared to laugh your butt off!





6 comments:

  1. Haha! That's funny...I'll have to visit that site the next time I need a good laugh!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this site...but I know autocorrect has made some weird assumptions for me!

    Visiting from Mama Kat's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to check that site out. It sounds funny!!! That autocorrect drives me insane too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of prompts! I'm doing well with my 2 page/day program, but if I ever get stuck again, I'll for sure go the prompt route. But I like the idea for blog posts too! Have you been doing that for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for that! This made me laugh so hard that my son just looked at me like I was crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Be a dear: don't spam me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...